If you’re like us, one of your new year resolutions is to continue to be more sustainable in your everyday life. We compiled a list of 20 sustainable swaps you can make for 2020 to make a small positive change for yourself and the environment. The companies we have chosen to feature are brands owned by friends and peers. They’re talented makers who are passionate about the zero waste movement and we think you will love their products.
Plastic Toothpaste Tube ➔ Toothpaste Tablets
2. Synthetic Hair Accessories ➔ Biodegradable, Organic Cotton Hair Accessories
Check out our blog How Big a Problem Are Synthetic Hair Ties to learn more.
3. Disposable Makeup Wipes ➔ Reusable Cloths
4. Plastic Wrap ➔ Beeswax Wraps
5. Plastic Water Bottle ➔ Stainless Steel Canteen
6. Fast Fashion ➔ Sustainable & Ethical Clothing
Read our blog on The Revolution that is Changing Fashion to learn more.
7. Everyday Cosmetics ➔ Cruelty-Free, Vegan Makeup
8. Dryer Sheets ➔ Dryer Balls
9. Plastic Sandwich & Snack Bags ➔ Silicone or Cloth Bags
10. Tampons ➔ Menstrual Cups
11. Big Box Grocery Store ➔ Local Farmer's Market
12. Harsh Cleaning Products ➔ DIY Natural Recipe
13. Plastic Soap Bottle ➔ Soap Bar
14. Plastic Toothbrush ➔ Bamboo Toothbrush
15. Plastic Container ➔ Stainless Steel Container
16. Lipsticks ➔ Clean, Vegan and Cruelty-Free Lipstick
17. Plastic Razors ➔ Non-Disposable Safety Razor
18. Plastic Shopping Bag ➔ Cloth or Mesh Bag
19. Plastic Straws ➔ Stainless Steel Straw
20. Conventional Deodorant ➔ Natural Deodorant